Aatmja Kumari(Intern Journalist): Lucknow: Engineer Rajat Bajpai (24), a resident of Krishna Vihar Aldico, PGI police station area, had left Scooty on Tuesday night with his friend. Rajat had asked the family members to go out with his friend. He did not return home till late at night and began his search. When in doubt, police began a search at the water expelling ground of the Defense Expo. Rajat’s body was retrieved at around 1 pm. He had bruises on his head and neck. There was bleeding from the nose. Rajat was posted as an engineer in Reliance Company. The police have started interrogation of two youths in this case by detaining them. The real cause of death will be revealed after the post mortem report.

According to Inspector-in-Charge PGI KK Mishra, Krishna Vihar Aldico Colony resident Misa Bajpai is an officer in Reliance Company. His wife, Alka, is a teacher in the primary school in Sisendi, Mohanlalganj. At the same time, his son Rajat used to work in the technical department of Reliance Company after studying B.Tech. He was posted in Srinagar. According to family members, Rajat left Scooty with his friend on Tuesday night. He told his mother that he would come back after a short walk. But did not return until late at night. After this, family members started looking for him. Many friends and relatives tried to get information by calling but no clue was found. On Wednesday morning, Misa Bajpai and Alka filed a missing complaint at the PGI police station. Police started a search with family members.

According to the inspector in-charge, the police team and family were in search of Rajat. Meanwhile, the police got information that silver mobile and clothes were lying near the water dumping ground built during the Defense Expo near Vrindavan Sector-18. Family and police arrived on the information. Family members confirmed the clothes and mobile. After this, the police started the search with the help of divers. But there was no success. According to Maa Alka, Rajat had a train ticket on 20 November. He was supposed to go to Srinagar.

According to the police, when no success was achieved by noon, preparations were started to drain the water. Two pumps and a fire department team were called at 12 noon. After about 13 hours of effort, the water from the water dumping ground was taken out at one o’clock in the night. After this, Rajat’s body was found lying in the foothills. According to family members, there were several marks on Rajat’s body.
His neck and head were hurt. There was a leakage of blood from the nose. Family members suspected of killing the friend. According to the inspector in-charge, two of Rajat’s friends are being interrogated in this case. However, till late evening the families had not given any Tahrir. Police are awaiting the post mortem report. It is only after the report comes that the silver key will be solved.